I think now is an important time to start a conversation about courage. Why?
Here are a few reasons:
- Everything in life starts and ends with courage (we will go into more details about this in a future post).
- We need to have a conversation about it so that together in community and collaboration, we can support each other to live our most courageous and joy-filled life.
- When we choose courage, we are choosing the new, the unknown, the less-than secure…. we are truly living.
To be continued…
To live a more courageous, authentic, and joy-filled life, we need to have a certain amount of clarity. At some point we realize we can’t say yes to everything and we need to figure out what is important and rings true for us.
These days, however, it is really hard to focus on what is true and authentic for ourselves when there is so much noise and distractions out there. From the 24/7 news cycle, social media, and other notifications we are always getting on our phones- how do we pay attention to what is important?
A few thoughts:
1. Be sure to give ourselves some quiet time at the start and end of our day: meditate, write in our journals, pray, read something spiritual – these activities will keep us grounded and in tune with our higher power.
2. Get outside. Breathe fresh air. Take a walk or hop on our bikes.
3. Take the pressure off ourselves to always be doing. Goals and to-do lists have a purpose but I also know from experience that as soon as they are accomplished – there will be more to take their place. We can pause. We don’t have to be on the treadmill of the time.
To be continued…
Are you dealing with a stressful life event coming up or just could use a quick confidence boost? This post has you covered.
For a quick boost in your confidence:
- Stand or sit up straighter. The way we carry ourselves communications with the world how we feel and it makes us feel more self-assured. Give it try.
- Think of a time in your life when you felt successful. Perhaps it was when you finished that marathon, gave birth to your first child, aced an important exam. Reliving our achievements and how it felt to be successful will give us an immediate surge in our confidence level now even if this event happened many years ago.
- Smile (even if you don’t feel like it). Sometimes we just have to fake it till we make it. It works!
Your Champion of Courage
Never forget that it’s your time to shine.
Make it so, and
Welcome to Courageously Go!™
I am glad you are here! It dawned on me recently that the most important thing we can do is to choose courage. You see, almost a year ago I celebrated my 50th birthday. I realized on that day that if we don’t live courageously, that is – from our hearts- we are not really living. We may be playing it safe and going through the motions, but is that a life? Is that the life you want for yourself?
I say there is a better way. All we need to do is choose courage. It will not always be easy to break out of your comfort zone to step into a life of adventure and the unknown. It may seem a bit scary and risky to you… I promise that it will be well worth it! The time is now to step into your greatness! Let’s Courageously Go!
This is me on the morning of my 50th birthday. I realized that it was now or never. If I am going to achieve my dreams it had better be now. Just for this birthday, I bought myself a new journal:
I brought this journal with me to the Omni Amelia Island Resort where me and my husband spent a couple of nights to bring my big birthday in with style and just a little pampering. As I sat at their beautiful pool, I was served by my sweet attendant a Pina Colada on the house (when she found out it was my 50th)…
With my journal at hand and as I was enjoying my special day, I thought about what really mattered and what I wanted my life to be about: and that was courage. I have a quote from the late Steve Jobs, who spoke at the commencement ceremony of Stanford University in 2005, which is posted on the inside cover of my special journal and it reads:
Almost everything- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
That is when I decided that everything important in our lives… it all starts with courage!
To be continued!
It’s your time to shine.
Make it so, and Courageously Go!